in

Full list of 19 countries affected by Trump’s new immigration crackdown

Full list of 19 countries affected by Trump’s new immigration crackdown

FULL LIST: Trump orders Green Card review for 19 ‘countries of concern’ after D.C. attack

The Trump administration said on Thursday that it will carry out a full review of the immigration status of all Green Card holders from Afghanistan and 18 other countries, after an attack on National Guard troops in Washington, D.C.

U.S. officials have named the suspect in Wednesday’s shooting as a 29-year-old Afghan national who once worked with American forces in Afghanistan. However, he was not a permanent resident. According to AfghanEvac, a group that supports Afghans resettled in the United States after the Taliban takeover in 2021, he had been granted asylum earlier this year.

Read also: Can Trump really stop South Africa from attending the next G20 summit?

Joseph Edlow, head of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, announced the review on X, saying he had ordered “a full-scale, rigorous re-examination” of every Green Card issued to people from “countries of concern.”

The move builds on a June executive order by Donald Trump, United States president, which labelled 19 countries as “Identified Concern” nations.

Twelve of those countries face a near-total travel ban, blocking almost all nationals from entering the U.S. They are:

Afghanistan

Myanmar

Chad

Congo-Brazzaville

Equatorial Guinea

Read also: Trump jolts Tinubu to act on insecurity

Eritrea

Haiti

Iran

Libya

Somalia

Sudan

Yemen

Seven more countries face a partial ban, though some temporary work visas are still permitted:

Read also: How Entrepreneurs In Africa Can Compete Globally in a Digitally Connected World

Burundi

Cuba

Laos

Sierra Leone

Togo

Turkmenistan

Venezuela

The administration says the reviews are aimed at tightening security, though rights groups warn the policy could lead to broad immigration crackdowns affecting thousands of people already living legally in the country.

Source: Businessday.ng | Read the Full Story…

What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Army promotes 105 senior officers

Army promotes 105 senior officers

Ex-Detective Debunks Recent Alleged Sighting in Ongoing Search for Fugitive Cop Killer

Ex-Detective Debunks Recent Alleged Sighting in Ongoing Search for Fugitive Cop Killer