in

Nancy Guthrie case could be ‘burglary gone wrong’ as investigators believe missing 84-year-old could still be alive: Live updates

Nancy Guthrie case could be ‘burglary gone wrong’ as investigators believe missing 84-year-old could still be alive: Live updates

A growing number of investigators are said to be probing the possibility that Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapping on February 1 began as a burglary gone wrong.

One person familiar with the ongoing investigation into Guthrie’s disappearance told Arizona Family on Sunday that police are looking at the possibility that a man caught tampering with her Nest doorbell camera may have just been trying to burglarize the $1 million home in Tucson, Arizona.

If that were the case, the source said there is hope that the 84-year-old could still be alive even as the search for her extends into a third consecutive week without any arrests.

Several people have been questioned in connection with her disappearance, but were later released. A series of ransom notes have also been sent to media outlets, including TMZ, demanding at least $6 million in bitcoin from the Guthrie family. 

Authorities are now waiting for confirmation on DNA samples from an unknown male profile that was lifted from a glove that the FBI has said ‘appears to match’ the pair the suspect was seen wearing in the shocking doorbell surveillance footage.

It was found last week near Nancy’s home along with several other gloves, which were sealed in evidence bags by the Pima County Sheriff’s Office, and shipped overnight for testing at a private lab in Florida.

Nearly 16 gloves were collected near her home, and most of them were used and discarded by searchers at the site, the FBI told the Daily Mail. 

But one of the gloves is different from the rest and appears to match the ones the unidentified masked captor was wearing in the doorbell video captured at Nancy’s front porch, the FBI said.

DNA results usually take about 24 hours to come back

Follow along for more details as the investigation unfolds. 

Source: Dailymail.co.uk | Read the Full Story…

What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ribadu directs El-Rufai to forward evidence on alleged thallium sulphate procurement to DSS

Ribadu directs El-Rufai to forward evidence on alleged thallium sulphate procurement to DSS

‘Hey, that’s my voice!’ Veteran broadcaster claims Google stole his voice for AI tool

‘Hey, that’s my voice!’ Veteran broadcaster claims Google stole his voice for AI tool