in

3 farmers killed in fresh Benue attack

3 farmers killed in fresh Benue attack

Three farmers have reportedly been killed in a fresh attack by suspected armed herders in Gilim Ashi village, Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue State.

Residents identified the victims as Ioryer Kwaghkaha, Ayila Atsar, and one yet-to-be-identified farmer.

They were said to have been shot dead while working on their farms in Gilim Ashi, a settlement located along the Naka–Agagbe road behind Government Comprehensive Secondary School, Naka.

SPONSOR AD

Locals told journalists in Makurdi that the bodies had been evacuated and deposited at a morgue in Naka following the incident, which occurred on Thursday.

According to residents, the attack happened barely 24 hours after armed assailants ambushed and killed a traveller along the Naka–Makurdi road near Kula village.

They added that although troops of the Nigerian Army had earlier repelled an invasion, the attackers returned on Thursday and targeted farmers in the area.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for the Benue State Command, DSP Udeme Edet, confirmed the incident, adding that patrol and tactical teams had been deployed and were currently combing surrounding bushes.

Edet said investigations were ongoing as of the time of filing this report.

SERIOUS ADVICE:
As a Nigerian living here or in the diaspora, DO YOU HAVE A PLAN B? Just in case anything goes wrong, is there a side business you can fall back on? We show you step by step how you too can start earning US Dollars consistently. Nigerians can now make as much as $20,000 to $35,000 with premium domains. Ideal for business owners, entrepreneurs, and workers.
Click here to find out how it works

Source: DailyTrust | Read the Full Story…

What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

PDP crisis: Oruruo-led exco dismisses Enugu caretaker committee as illegality

PDP crisis: Oruruo-led exco dismisses Enugu caretaker committee as illegality

BBC set to make unprecedented broadcasting change to 2026 World Cup coverage

BBC set to make unprecedented broadcasting change to 2026 World Cup coverage